Monday, September 22, 2008

More Blessed to Give....

I don't know about you, but yesterday's sermon really stirred up some strong feelings in me and they weren't necessarily all good. Yikes! Sometimes it's hard to love those who aren't being loving towards us. If I could sum up his main theme from the sermon yesterday it would be like this:

"At times, we are not going to be the receiver of love the way we’d like to be. BUT, God didn’t call us to receive love from one another. God called us to GIVE love to one another. The principle God wants us to visualize for ourselves is one of “giving ourselves away,” because, that’s the job of a servant."

O.U.C.H!

It's hard to think about being more concerned with GIVING love than receiving it! Well, I decided to give it a try this morning. I GAVE love to someone today and I found it to be quite rewarding. Try it this week. Try giving love away - especially to someone who isn't acting very loving. Let me know what happens.......

3 comments:

Hiker Mama said...

You said it sister...I am having a hard time, with that right now. Thank goodness that I have the Lord to make over me. I can always rely on the fact that I am an Heiress and God loves me more than I can ever comprehend. The other day, that fact was all I had to hold myself together and it was all I needed.....

rachel said...

Thank you for your sweet comments over on the siesta board. You ladies made my day. :)

Leslie Young said...

Hey, JayCee! Thanks for the shout on the new blog - this has been such a cool experience! Some people say the internet is isolating people, but I've found the opposite to be true. I've so enjoyed getting to know sisters from all over! Thanks for the encouragement!