Wednesday, November 25, 2009
1. Forgiveness - if it weren't for God's grace and mercy, I'd be in a heap of trouble!
2. God's Word - God has been speaking to me through His word and I love it!
3. Family - I am blessed to have such a great family.
4. Church Family - How wonderful to have such a loving group of friends that are really family.
5. Salvation - Thank You, Jesus!
6. Food, Shelter, Clothing - Don't want to forget these things that a lot of the world doesn't have.
7. Freedom - Thanks to our military. Don't ever want to take them for granted.
8. Hard Times - Yes, I'm even thankful for them because they help me grow.
9. Friends - How rich I am to have such great friends. (Including all of you!)
10. Music - Someone once said: "God gave us music so we could pray without words." I believe it was Martin Luther who once said something like this: "When I can't figure out what to pray....I sing!"
To God be the glory - great things He has done!
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
This weekend (Nov. 6 & 7), twelve of us ladies from the Women's Ministry at our church will be attending the LPL event in Springfield, Illinois. We can hardly wait. We've been planning this for a long time. It's going to be a great time in the Word, with our wonderful Savior!
I am looking at it like a date with God. I borrowed that concept from a friend and fellow blogger who recently wrote about her date with God at the Deeper Still Event in Orlando. I can hardly wait to see what the Lord has to say to me this weekend. I'm going to be intently listening, hanging on His every word, as if it was a very special date night - because it is - a date with the King of kings and Lord of lords. Whew - that's an incredible concept.
I'm so pumped. I'll be sure to log back on after we get back and tell you all about it. In the meantime, look for ways that you can spend time alone with God on your special "dates" and tell me all about it! :)
Monday, November 2, 2009
Is it just me....or have they changed the taste of this all-time favorite classic?????????? It just doesn't taste the same to me as it did when I was a kid. Come to think of it, there are several other nastalgic things from childhood that just don't seem the same in adulthood...and it's a cryin' shame :) Here's my list of things that are just not the same. Add your list in the comments section!
The house I grew up in. (Drove past it a while back & it looks much smaller than I remember) The hill behind my house seemed a lot bigger as a child than it looks like now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Licorice - used to taste better when I was a kid. (As a matter of fact, all the Halloween candy tasted better when I was a kid!)
Thank goodness they haven't changed the taste of Snickers Candy Bars! Hallelujah!! lol
Okay, now it's your turn.....go!