Monday, September 8, 2008

ABC's of scripture

My sweet sister, Carol, gave me note cards with verses that start with each letter of the alphabet. I love them because they renew my mind. I thought I would share them with you. You can make up your own index cards with your favorite bible verses that start with each letter of the alphabet. It really helps you think. You can repeat them over & over to yourself. So, here goes....

A. "According to my earnest expectation & hope....For to me, to live is Christ & to die is gain." Phil. 1:20 & 21 (Our sister Pam's favorite toward the end of her life here on earth.)
B. "Be still & know that I am God." Psalm 46:10
C. "Cast your burdens on the Lord...." Psalm 55:22
D. "Don't worry about tomorrow...." Matthew 6:34
E. "Every good and perfect gift is from above." James 1:17
F. "For by grace you have been saved..." Ephesians 2:8
G. "God is our refuge & strength; a very present help in times of trouble." Psalm 46:1
H. "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3
I. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13
J. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever." Hebrews 13:8
K. "Know this, that if anyone among you is suffering, let him pray....." James 5:13
L. "Let us not grow weary while doing good...." Galatians 6:9
M. "My grace is sufficient for you...." II Cor. 12:9
N. "Now abide faith, hope & love; and the greatest of these is love." I Corinthians 13:13
O. "Our Father, who art in heaven...." Matthew 6:9
P. "Pray diligently, stay alert, with your eyes wide open in gratitude." Colossians 4:2
Q. "Quench all the firey darts of the wicked one by taking up the shield of faith." Eph. 6:16
R. "Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him." Psalm 37:7
S. "Seek first the kingdom of God...." Matthew 6:33
T. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart..." Proverbs 3:5
U. "Unless one is born anew, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3
V. "Victory that has overcome the world - our faith." I John 5:4
W. "Without faith it is impossible to please God." Heb. 11:6
X. "I will eXalt You, my God...." Psalm 145:1
Y. "You shall receive power..." Acts. 1:8
Z. "Be Zealous (filled with the Lord.)

4 comments:

Hiker Mama said...

Nice!

Anonymous said...

I love this!! I only steal blogs from the best!! Thank you so much for all of your kind words. You are so inspiring Janet :) Thank you from the bottom of my heart

Hiker Mama said...

We must have been commenting on the lpm blog at the same time today!

Anonymous said...

Ok i am so stressed out that I missed Bible Study. I completely flaked and forgot. You know how much I LOVE it. AHHHH!!! I seriously sat on my couch and did nothing all night :( I can't come by church tomorrow because I have to decorate at school, Weight Watchers, and then skate night. So, how about Friday after school??? Let me know!