Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Family....What A Blessing!


Last weekend we made our way to the Lake of the Ozarks for the annual "Cline Family Reunion." There were 34 of us this year. Every child, grandchild and great grandchild made it! My husband's parents are in white. Their 4 children (and families) are each in a different color. We are the ones in pink. I love the fact that my husband and grandson weren't afraid to wear the hot-pink color. Our sister-in-love got us all t-shirts. They say: "Cline Family - Celebrating 60 years - 1948-2008." I know my husband's parents appreciated us celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary in this way. We had a great time together....swimming, boating, playing basketball and other games, etc., but the best part, for me, was the worship service on Sunday morning. Mark's Dad (or Grandad, as the kids call him) started us off with opening comments and prayer, then I led the family in some praise & worship music. (Boy, do they sound great when they sing.) Our middle daughter gave her testimony of being a missionary intern this summer. Our niece sang a beautiful song (I cried all the way through it!) and then my husband's brother, who is also a Pastor, preached a terrific sermon. He had 2 points: 1) Remember who you are.....you are a Christian and you are a Cline. 2) When you fall, get back up! I am so fortunate to have a godly family, both on my husband's side and my side. What a privilege.....what a blessing!

7 comments:

marine's words said...

thank you for stopping by my blog what a privilege it is too meet you! :)

can't wait to meet in in SA,TX ,love, marina

Anonymous said...

I love your T-shirts!! I also love the new blog look. Super cool!!

Anonymous said...

ok, also, someone turned on a light above my stove (which by the way after 6 years I did not know existed). Where is the switch, I can't turn it off!!!

JayCee said...

I have no idea....my guess is it was Sue who turned it on....unless it was me, by accident, when I was trying to turn off the timer on the stove. Yikes!

Hiker Mama said...

That is really neat, the weekend , the pictures, the anniversary, the birthday, the whole family. Now that it's over, can you get some sleep and get back to your old self?

JayCee said...

I WILL TRY!!!

Michelle V said...

Hi Janet, I stopped by from the Siesta blog. I grew up in Missouri even though I've lived in Texas most of my adult life. My Mom's family is all from around the Springfield are, so I love the Ozarks area of Missouri!! I grew up in Mexico, MO.

Blessings
Michelle