Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Siesta Sue (hiker-mama) has been so upbeat lately, she's inspired me to be in a thankful mood. Her blogs are always so spiritual and uplifting that I thought I would try to be like her! :0)

So, here goes:
Ever since our last NOG meeting, I've felt convicted to be a more positive person. Siesta Janel (miss wanderlust) encouraged me to be grateful, even for the little things. She reminded us to concentrate on the things we can be thankful for, even in the midst of the "bad" times.
She's right.
Eph. 4:29 says:
"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

The rest of chapter 4 is also excellent, challenging us to be kind, compassionate and forgiving.
Here are 10 things I am thankful for this Thursday:
grace
future hope & plans God has for us
the fact that I get to impact my grandson in godly ways
the love of Christ
the love of family & the family of God
friends who are sooooooooo supportive and encouraging
forgiveness
the Word of God
laughter
hard times

Have a thankful Thursday!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Don't you just LOVE those NOG meetings?!

It may be Friday, but I'm still thankful for sweet Siestas! Thanks for stopping by my blog and posting such sweet words...can't wait to thank you in person in SA!

Hugs,
Melinda

Hiker Mama said...

I was feeling a little down this morning until I read those encouraging words. I needed that scripture this morning. Just 14more days until we leave!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful reminders! I just read your Siesta spotlight and checked out your sweet blog. Thanks for sharing! I look forward to reading more from you. Perhaps we will meet in SA!
Blessings,
Lori Anne

Anonymous said...

So, I just read your whole profile and I LOVE the book the greatest Christms Pageant Ever. That was my favorite when I was in First Grade and I even named my rabbit Imogene after the character!!! SOulmates!!!