Friday, July 25, 2008

VBS

Our Vacation Bible School for 2008 will end today. I'm always a little sad when it ends (and a lot tired!) We had a record crowd at our Family Night. I pray that all of these families will be drawn closer to Christ as a result of this wonderful blessing we call VBS.

The other day I was reflecting on past Vacation Bible Schools and I realized I have been a VBS director for over 15 years now. What an incredible calling to watch children learn God's word. Many lives have begun their journey of following Christ as a result of VBS. My middle daughter came to Christ at Vacation Bible School many years ago. Others have become Christ followers, as well. This year, 15 children at our church made the decision to follow Christ. For me, that's what it is all about.

I'm so exhausted that I can't even sleep. I'm writing this post at 3:30 in the morning. I'm going to be tired later today, but it will be a good tired. When we take all the decorations down from this year's VBS, I will already be thinking about next year!

1 comment:

NewJerseyJesus said...

Hey, thank you for being so involved with VBS! I still vividly remember all the DVBS (as it was called then) in my town. My parents would take the kids to DVBS at the Salvation Army, Presbyterian, Bretheren & Baptist church in town and what broke through to me was the love the volunteers had for Jesus and us kids. Thanks again, those children will be looking back with smiles one day remembering those fond summer VBS days.