Saturday, July 26, 2008

28 = Joy!

Yesterday, my husband and I celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary. It seems impossible that it was 28 years ago when we started this journey called marriage. Sometimes I think to myself: "What happened to that young bride?"

I'll tell you what happened - she grew up (okay, she got older!) Seriously, though, when I think about the journey of the past 28 years I have lots of fond memories and realize that the rewarding times far out-weigh the hard times.

So, here's to all you brides and future brides out there - the journey is full of joy, mixed with a little bit of pain, but rewarding and fulfilling, especially when you go with God!

(P.S...If you want a really cool date night, try what we did. We called it a "Progressive Dinner Date." We started at one restaurant and had an appetizer (we split one). Then we headed to another restaurant and had our main course (again, we split one). Lastly, we had our dessert at a different restaurant. It was a lot of fun!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Congratulations to you both! What a great marriage for us young brides to look up to :) I love you :)

Stephen said...

Wow - 28 yrs of marriage and you don't look a day older!!

JayCee said...

Thanks, dear! You just keep getting better and better!!

Hiker Mama said...

I was wondering who Stephen was....
Great looking guy! He looks like
your type and so complimentary! Please give up your secret for such a great relationship with your husband.....

JayCee said...

That's funny!

The secret is great kissing! LOL Seriously, the secret is praying together as a couple. It's hard to stay mad at someone when you pray with and for them!