Saturday, June 12, 2010

In Memory of Pam....

Today, me and 71,000 of my closest friends :) participated in the Komen Race for the Cure. It was a sea of people in pink....so inspiring! Many of the walkers/runners were breast cancer survivors. Others were walking in memory of their loved ones. Still others were just out for a good cause. It was a great day. It was a record day. We were told this was the largest Komen Race for the Cure in the entire country.

I walked in honor/memory of my oldest sister, Pam, who died of breast cancer in 2002. In the picture below, she is the one with the black choker necklace on. (I am the one in the lower right hand corner. This pic was taken in 1970!) I always wanted to grow up to be just like Pam. I thought she looked like "That Girl" (Marlow Thomas).

My family misses Pam but we know we will see her again in heaven. She loved Jesus so much and committed her life to Him!
(P.S.....Ladies, remember to get your mammogram every year!)

No comments: