Monday, January 4, 2010

The Dawn of a New Year

I ran across a quote by Chuck Swindoll that sums up how I feel. My blog title is patterned after this philosophy of my life.

"Serendipity occurs when something beautiful breaks into the monotonous and the nundane. A serendipitous life is marked by "surprisability" and spontaneity. When we lose our capacity for either, we settle into life's ruts. We expect little and we're seldom disappointed. Though I have walked with God for several decades, I must confess I still find much about Him incomprehensible and mysterious. But this much I know: He delights in surprising us. He dots our pilgrimage from earth to heaven with amazing serendipities."

"You, Lord, open Your hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing." Psalm 145:16

At the dawn of this new year, I pray that your life will be full of God's amazing serendipitous epiphanies!

2 comments:

janel. said...

What a great quote!!
I love little reminders like that :)
P.S. your office looks amaaaaazing (I was singing that)
seriously, cooler than what I would have done!!!
love love loooooove it!
xoxo
janel

JayCee said...

Thanks, Janel....but I highly doubt it is cooler than what you would have done.

It's not quite finished yet. Mark is painting a bookshelf black for me and I have a few other pieces to go on the walls.

Stop back by the next time you are at church and hopefully see the finished product!

Thanks again for helping me get it cleaned out and painted!